29 March 2009

Dickinson II

Well, the trip to the Aran Islands was made, and while I can't claim to have knitted an aran on the Arans, I certainly knit it around and near them. Dickinson now has a back and a full sleeve, with another almost finished. I would love to finish it over the next week. I've memorised the cable pattern now so no more need for the charts, which is a nice change.

In between, I've been spinning up some Wensleydale/Teeswater roving from Colorsong Yarn in the US, taking advantage of their wonderful worldwide free shipping policy. I'm n-plying it to keep the color segments intact, and it is beautiful, rich... and sort of hairy. I'm hoping it will become one of these in time for my mother's birthday at the end of April, although the pattern will need adjustment to accommodate the length-- n-plying really eats yardage for breakfast. Pictures to follow, I'm sure...

No comments: